Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hello World! Welcome to Muscles 101

I have been thinking about starting this blog for quite some time, and everything was ready only in my mind waiting for me to take a few minutes to set them free on a blog ...

And here we are ...

Muscles 101 as the name indicates is for beginners who want to grow bigger muscles, but at the same time have no idea what to do. A personal trainer is a good idea for such people, but I know not every body can afford it. Heck not every body can afford a gym membership in this economy.

On this blog you are going to find some educational material about muscle building. I am planning to cover everything a beginner needs to know about the science of body building, the muscle groups and how they work, the nutrition, and the muscle building life style.

There are tons of body building videos on youtube accessible to anybody. The problem though is that not everything there is accurate. And here comes my role, which is picking up the useful and at the same time easy to understand ones with the beginner in mind.

A little bit about me so that you know you can trust this blog: I started with body building in 1983, but I have never participated in a competition. I don't feel ok about showing off and the stuff, but I like the feeling of being strong and bulky. I added to that some martial arts skills (Karate) which added speed to my strength, which is awesome!

For health issues out of my control I stopped completely from exercising and I am only training my kids just to be as strong as their father used to be, but not for a competition level.

In addition to the gym experience I also have a degree in physiology. I only picked this field of academic studies because I wanted to know more about how my body works and complete the idea about muscle building and nutrient assimilation. It helped, no doubt, but it was too late I guess because by the time I finished my degree I wasn't able to fight or exercise anymore.

Enough depression, and let's cheer up and get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment